Since joining the blogging community I’ve discovered the internet is simply full of beautifully kind people who love to support their fellow bloggers whether that be through promotion, a cheeky like or through nominating your favourite bloggers for awards such as these.
At times it can be so easy to become disillusioned with writing. For example if say my last post didn’t do as well as hoped, or if perhaps I’m struggling to come up with any fresh ideas I can find myself falling into a rut, but then a nomination like this comes along and completely changes my outlook. Knowing that others enjoy your work and want to celebrate your writing is such an incredible feeling, and I cannot thank Amy from sassycatlady.com enough for my nomination!
So what is The Liebster award I hear you ask?
Well, The Liebster Award is a peer recognition award for up and coming bloggers and the rules are simple.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Tell your nominees through social media
1. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
My natural instinct is to say a dog person. Dogs are by far my favourite domestic animal but I’m fairly confident my spirit animal is a cat. I feel as though all I do is eat, sleep and wander.
2. What’s your favourite song right now?
I Gotta Go – John Riddle
4. What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned through blogging?
Write about what you love.
I heard a saying once, “If you love your job you’ll never work a day in your life”. Now I’m not sure how far I’d agree with this, but I certainly think the idea can be applied to blogging.
If like me this isn’t your full time job, you should write because you want too, not because you feel like you have to. Nobody likes extra chores.
5. Do you have any pets?
Sadly not but I’m desperate for a pupper.
6. Do you have an unpopular opinion? What is it?
*Whispers* As an artist Beyonce is only okay.
7. How do you plan your blogs? Do you have a schedule or do you just go with the flow?
I schedule. I’ve tried going with the flow in the past but it just didn’t suit my lifestyle.
General blog posts go live on Tuesdays and Fridays and my weekly theatre features go live on Sundays and Wednesdays.
8. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
Oh sweet Oz this is such a hard questions for me!
I think I’d have to say Beauty and the Beast followed closely by Tangled .. and Moana.
9. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I’ve changed my mind on this answer like, three times.
Firstly I though I’d love to read minds, then decided that was too invasive and I’m far to sensitive to actually hear what people are thinking.
I then though transporting because I hate the long walk to climbing, but I think the superpower I’m going to go for is being able to breathe underwater.
I love swimming, an I’m constantly wishing I was a mermaid who didn’t have to keep coming back up to the noisy surface for air.
10. What’s your main pet peeve?
Urgh, just one?
Either people who shout at shop assistants/ customer care workers or people who are nasty for the sake of being so.
11. What would be the one thing you’d change about the world?
Again it’s so hard to pick just one, but I think I’d probably change the amount of unnecessary plastic in the world.
People may laugh at the whole “save the turtles” but to me this is a massive issue. It’s not even hard and we can all make at least one small change in our daily lives to reduce just some of the plastic contaminating our world.
Like Amy, I’m not too sure of people’s figures and I’ve not quite hit the target of 11 but I’ve nominated a small selection of the bloggers who I adore, and would love for you all to check out. Also I’ve avoided anybody I think may have previously done this!
Sorry if you already have!
1. Can you tell us a little about your favourite book?
2. Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
3. You can star in any film or show in the world right now. Which do you pick and who would you play?
4. What’s the most empowering quote you’ve heard recently?
5. If you could give just one piece of advice to a new blogger, what would you say?
6. Which is your favourite blog post so far?
7. You’re hosting a tea party and can invited anybody throughout history. Who do you invite?
8. Which is your favourite song to belt out in the shower?
9. Dream travel destination?
10. What’s the last thing which made you smile?
11. Is there a charity you’d like to take a moment to tell us about?