Vogue magazine has always known how to get people talking. In 2014 the fashion bible launched their brand new “73 Questions” series which offered readers a rapid-fire look into the personalities of a number of celebrities such as Margot Robbie, Taylor Swift, Zendaya and even the Broadway God that is Neil Patrick Harris.
I know what you’re thinking. This isn’t exactly news, but what is exciting is that bloggers across the world have taken this trend and created their own parody!
In this series bloggers answer 73 quite random questions and offer their viewers a look into their personalities and their lives.
So the rules are simple. We all answer the same 73 questions, and then tag 12 of our blogging friends!
Thank you so much Ruth for my nomination. You can check out her page by clicking here.
Let’s get started!
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I’m pretty boring to be honest so it’s usually just a breakfast tea with milk and honey.
2. What does your workstation look like?
3. Favourite food?
Spaghetti Bolognese with cheesy garlic bread.
(I’m very proud to say that I make a MEAN Bolognese).
4. Favourite author?
5. What do you think of open relationships?
If it works for others that’s amazing and people should do who/ what’s best for them. Personally I don’t think I’d cope very well. I would hate the thought of sharing my other half.
6. What is your favourite video game?
Overcooked. Don’t judge me. We’ve spent many an hour screaming and throwing virtual tomatoes over a virtual kitchen in a mad panic. It’s great fun.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Donuts are my life.
8. Favourite movie?
Beauty and the Beast.
9. Favourite book?
The Fault in our Stars – John Green
It’s my go to whenever I need a good cry or whenever I don’t know what to read. I’ll never understand how one book can fill me with so much happiness and yet break my heart.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram – It’s extremely scrollable.
Also I hate that my phone now tells me how much time I’ve spent on each app. I don’t need that kind of judgement in my life.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
It’ll be alright in the end. If it’s not alright it’s not the end.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Trying to find a Plan B career wise.
I’ve always known what I want to do, but while I wait for the opportunity to live that dream I need a Plan B where I can continue to live (and work) happily.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I did. I was one of those “weird” children who loved school.
16. Dream job?
Theatre journalist (I hate the word critic).
17. Play any sports?
I swim, boulder, play tennis and badminton but I would love to get back into netball.
18. Do you have a degree?
I do indeed. English and Journalism from Bristol UWE.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
I love the thrill of writing interviews.
21. What do you like to collect?
I collect theatre programmes and Disney figurines.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Urgh I hate doing these.
Socially Awkward Butterfly.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My friend Nicola.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
Life wise? To find and begin my path on the Plan B mentioned earlier.
Materialistic? All this talk of donuts is making me super hungry sooo ….
26. Sorting house?
I like to think I’m a Ravenclaw.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Currently none but I’m trying to build the confidence to have my first.
I’m planning to have a small iris on my wrist as a tribute to my Nan.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Soppy answer alert. My boyfriend.
We’ve moved in together this year and he’s been incredible. Moving was such an incredibly stressful and exhausting experience but he’s kept me smiling and laughing throughout. I’m one lucky ducky.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
My gosh we’re only 10 days in but an extremely lovely West End actress has agreed to answer some interview questions for a new post! Keep an eye out for that later in the month!
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Had a pretty good swim.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Holidays? Disney? Holidays to Disney?
32. Favourite season?
I know everybody else will go for the obvious Franki but I’m partial to Tommy or Nick … wait you didn’t mean The Jersey Boys?
The world begins to welcome back colour and sunshine and I begin to welcome back smiling whilst walking down the street.
33. Favourite holiday?
I’m not a huge fan of holidays as I tend to focus on the people who’re missing but I do love that period towards the end of April/ start of May when spring is slowly seeping in and we get a number of Bank Holidays extremely close to each other.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
35. Do you like surprises?
Yes and no.
I love the thought which goes into being surprised, but I hate the anticipation. I’m a nightmare around birthdays and Christmas.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
I have two.
1. Being asked to be Godmother to my beautiful Goddaughter Thea. She’s just a ray of sunshine and is honestly the light of my life.
2. For my 21st my Mum surprised me with a giraffe feeding experience. It was one of those pinch me moments which I don’t think I’ll ever forget.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I’m a bit of a crier so picking just one is hard.
The first birthday after my Nan had passed Jacob (le boyf) digitally restored a photo of my Granfer Charlie. I’d never got to meet Granfer but I know he was an incredible man just from how deeply my Nan had always loved him.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
My Dad’s reaction to the first Christmas gift I bought him out of my own earnings was incredible.
39. Do you like muffins?
In moderation. My goodness that’s a boring answer.
40. Do you cook often?
Whenever le boyf is working later than I am.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Frozen yogurt or donuts.
42. Is there a desert you don’t like?
Quite a few to be honest. Chocolate cake, cheese cake, mousse, the list is quite a long one.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Peas. Let’s just say I have a phobia.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Marks and Spencer’s Tomato Sauce.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Nothing. I love my bed so I’ll be sleeping.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Things You Didn’t Know About Disney Princesses.
48. Best animated film?
I think Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet is incredibly clever and well thought out.
(Also I’ve been waiting 24 years for the Princess scene!)
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
Please see answer 37.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Make me laugh.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Stare at your phone.
52. What’s the best pick-up line?
A friend at uni once told me a guy slid into her DMs by sending a picture of a lime. After a while he said “Oh sorry, I’ve dropped my chat up lime”.
It still makes me laugh.
53. Best comic book character?
Cap all the way!
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Hairgrips, hayfever tablets and photos of my Grandparents.
55. Favourite drink?
Lipton Yellow Label Tea.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
The Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna of Russia.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favoruite sushi roll?
I don’t eat sushi, sorry!
59. What lipstick do you use?
My favourite is a Soap and Glory Matt Crayon but I currently can’t find it….
60. What foundation do you use?
I’ve never used foundation.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Blow dry. I have far too much hair to let it dry naturally.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t really have a fashion icon. I wear what I like.
63. Favourite Disney Character?
Just one?! That’s not going to happen.
Belle, Tiana, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and the live-action Jasmine!
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Working in the day and spin class in the evening.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
(Nicola if you’re reading this you have no idea how close I was to getting that wrong …)
66. Movie that made you cry?
Les Miserables. Poor ‘Ponine.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Please believe me when I say I have a terrible singing voice. Nobody wants to hear that.
However if I had the voice of an angel (or a Broadway star) I’d love to sing Love is an Open Door with John Riddle.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
A Little Touch of Happiness – Half a Sixpence Cast Album
69. What’s your favourite animal?
Exotic: Giraffe. Domestic: Dog.
70. Favourite illustrator?
Nick Sharratt’s illustrations filled my childhood.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
Tom Hiddleston so we could discuss our shared love of ye olde Shakesy P.
Tom if you’re reading this hit me up!
72. What country would you like to visit?
Again, just one?! I have an incredibly long list.
My top at the moment is probably Thailand.
73. Best way to decompress?
Walking. My walks to and from work are honestly the highlights of my days.
If you’ve made it all the way to the end, congratulations! I’ll be honest, even I had a nap half way through my own answers.
I just wanted to say thank you again to Ruth for my nomination! I thoroughly enjoyed writing these answers.
Images a mixture of my own and from Google Images.